Are you yearning to explore the captivating realm of statistics, all from the comfort of your own abode? Whether you’re a zealous student seeking to sharpen your analytical prowess or an ambitious professional aiming to broaden your horizons, the vast expanse of online statistics courses beckons with their convenience and flexibility.
As the demand for statistical acumen continues to surge across diverse domains, it becomes imperative to unearth the finest resources that cater to your unique learning style and aspirations. In this captivating piece, we shall embark on a journey through the finest online platforms and courses that bestow an unparalleled learning experience.
But before we embark on this quest, let us first cast a glimpse upon some awe-inspiring statistics that illuminate the profound impact of online education within the sphere of statistics.
So, pursuing a course in statistics is on your mind right now? Well, given to the most engaging facts like–
- A 33% growth is bound to hit the job market for statisticians within 2026 (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- 65% of employees around the world continually look for hiring professionals with good-enough statistical knowledge (survey by American Statistical Association).
- Forbes declares Biostatistics and Statistics as the two best Master’s Degree Courses for getting a job.
- A statistician is the most prospective career option for millennials on a world-wide basis (CareerCast Research, 2015).
- U.S News ranks the profile of Statistician as the top-most Business Job.
your thinking is on one ‘smart track’ indeed. Now, tell a thing. Do you desire to pursue a regular classroom study module or an Online Statistics course?
For maintaining the present flow of life and yet involve in a new curriculum, the second option appears as most feasible, right?
Here again, by choosing the online approach you will take one wise decision, since –
- The e-learning infrastructure allows a student to choose either a Graduate Certificate program or a Master’s Degree module as per own career planning; Executive Certification programs are offered as well for professionals desiring for a career hike.
- The curriculums offered are the most versatile ones, helping a student to study statistical applications and methodologies in multiple fields like management/education/biology/behavioral sciences, etc.
- In apparently all of the courses offered, there prevails the option to custom-make the program and focus thereby upon the genre which interests a student most.
- Learning materials are structured in a quite engaging style, consisting of understandable visual models and charts; thus, letting a student begin and progress through the course in the smoothest of fashion.
However, one vital question that comes up here is about the resources to avail while undertaking a digital statistics course.
Recognize that the Internet is flooded with e-books, apps, software and websites claiming to provide you with the ‘best’ materials and solutions for learning statistics.
But as they say ‘all that shines is not gold’. While availing an e-book, subscribing for an app or joining a website, you have to get assured over whether it is worth for. And know how to learn that?
Here is provided an essential list of the top-most valuable web resources for succeeding at an Online Statistics course.
Pay attention to it for once and never be confused about where to click when Google presents you with over 10,000s of search results.
Let’s begin –
(Note: Following the ‘Top 3’ rule and to give students a most concentrated guideline, 3 examples of the most popular resource types have been given.)
Table of Contents
Given to the data that about 95% of students around the world possess a smartphone (i-phone 66% and Android 30%), it is best to start with the mobile applications, correct?
So here are highlighted the most effective and trending (as well) apps for studying statistics:
Stuck On Your Course?
Click Here For Your Solution
There must be reasons that an educational app enjoys a download record of 50K, right? Well, indeed there are.
This definite tool is globally recognized by teachers as the ‘stepping stone’ for statistical learning.
From frequency distribution to data description and graph formation to hypothesis test, this app presents every fundamental of the subject in the easiest format for beginners to interpret and proceed. But, still there is a gap in knowledge for all those struggling with Parameter vs Statistic. Get the details here.
There are even provided adept tutorials for initial-level students to pass relevant examinations with higher grades.
And when it comes at just a size of 2.72 MB, will you wait any more to download?
Desmos Graphing Calculator
Termed as the ‘Next Gen’ graph calculator, Desmos scores for the definite ‘X-factors’ of –
- An instant finding of Best-Fit lines, exact scheming of Cartesian and Polar inequalities.
- ‘Touch & Find’ facility to present different intersection (maximum or minimum points); ‘Tap’ feature to locate ‘gray’ zones and find their coordinates.
- Slider feature makes a presentation of function transformation swiftest and perfect.
- Auto-graphing of trig functions, probabilities, precalculus, etc.
- Zoom-in feature to scale axes in a way you want via simple two-finger pinch.Accurate plotting of various sets of differential equations; lines to parabolas & Derivatives to Fourier Series.
Any more USP? The app is free-to-download for both Android and iPad users.
Again, an academic app with 50K downloads. And why? Because of its effectiveness for students who have just passed the initial stage of statistics study. It helps intermediate students to –
- Work over as many probabilistic functions as exist there
- Flawlessly plot for Gaussian, Chi-Square, Log: Normal distribution and alike functions
- Smoothly compute Poisson, Hypergeometric mass calculations
- Explore more depths of crucial probability distributions like Bernoulli, Exponential, Binomial, etc
The space it will consume on your device? A nominal 3.21 MB. Now the move is yours.
This list is for students, who, even in the age of hand-held devices, find it more comfortable to open their own PCS and study from the ‘big screen’.
Below are enlisted that distinctive software, each of which enjoys a global reputation for being the handiest friend of a statistics student-
The prime name amidst digital resources meant for statistical learning. This famed portal endeavors for one core objective – to de-code statistics for all learners.
The module includes multiple progressive homework, assessment and self-measurement courses. And focuses as well upon interactive media and plug-ins is to inspire students to progress and love what they are learning.
The tool comprises a vast archive of graphs, probability charts, witty quizzes, research & analysis, and statistical management structures – so that students get an end-to-end guide to finish own course.
Mentionable as well is the curriculum that focuses on highlighting statistics application in various professional and business fields.
Especially renowned are the test modules incorporated.
At par with experienced learners, those help to perfectly understand their own learning progress and succeed in the future at various international examinations.
However, know one thing here. The examinations included within the MyStatLab program are not any cakewalks. Sound preparation for passing them is indispensable.
From quizzes to computational exams, your MyStatLab days will just fly past with success, once you land at our website.
Essentially meant to simplify analysis and scientific research, the Prism is highly favored by experts for unique features like –
- One sleek but smart GUI that helps to get tasks done sooner and with savviness.
- Automated analysis option through scripting.
- A collection of 8 distinctive and varied data tables, which help students to conduct just the analysis they wish; included scope to design engaging graphs against each study.
- The vast library of analyses (Nonlinear, Survival, 1:2:3 way ANOVA, Contingency tables and whatever there might be) to let students evolve best; every included analysis is followed by an index explaining which assumption is needed.
- Auto check of whether a test selected by a student is adept for the corresponding analysis.
- Distinctive Graph Portfolio to let you interpret diverse graph types and techniques of making them.
- End-to-end help over curve fitting; just choose an equation and see what follows! From drawing the curve on the graph to display results and parameters and even interposing unknown values – the software serves it all.
- Auto-updating of each change, correction and modification in real-time and without any coding protocol.
- Teacher-approved tutorials to learn about every ‘Why’ behind the analysis and how to read results.
The last dose of good news? Prism functions over both Windows and Mac.
R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Termed as a software ‘environment’ for implementing statistical hacks, R is essentially preferred for the included plug-ins. They are powered to ease and speed up data processing and get compatible with every statistical application existing.
Alongside, this GNU project owns some other USPS such as –
- An array of techniques to manipulate and store data.
- Calculation series for operating over definite matrices.
- Crystal-clear tools for conducting significant analysis (time-series, clustering, linear, nonlinear etc).
- The simplistic programming language that offers loops, input: output, custom-made recursive functions.
- Scope to present analysis visually both on-screen and in hard copies.
- Complete user control upon graph designs and plotting.
- Signature LaTex documentation pattern that allows having compact-format data both in soft and hard copies.
- A growing community of statisticians and developers committed to evolve R and provide ready help to any new user.
And wait. Such a quality software is free for every prevalent OS – be it Linux/Windows/Mac.
No matter in which age you are, books will remain the ultimate guiding star for students of any subject, right?
This write-up recognizes this timeless truth and considers as well the growing popularity of a digital-based learning style.
And hence now speaks about some real-time valuable electronic textbooks to refer for learning statistics:
Discovering Statistics Using R (Andy Field, Zoe Field, Jeremy Miles)
The handiest material for a complete novice pursuing statistics study. Scholars around the world score the book primarily for the uniquely transparent and crisp approach the authors take.
From the core ideas to the depth of advanced concepts and applications – at no point does a new learner feels lost, but moves ahead only with their own learning.
The other noticeable features include –
- Lucid explanation of diverse topics and how to use the ‘R’ software set in relation to them.
- Step-by-step notes over the theories behind important tests and simplified guidance upon when to perform some definite ones.
- Volumes of practice sets, based upon witty and practical examples.
- A rich collection of data and R scripts; inclusion of contemporary research results.
- Focus over hacks for using if assumptions mismatch data.
- Comprehensive insight into R programming for first-timers and techniques of running robust tests in it.
- Link of referral website comprising extended materials for each included chapter and series of Andy Field’s vital video lectures
Access it in a reader-friendly Kindle version by a simple visit to the Amazon store.
Statistics: Methods and Applications
A signature product of StatSoft brand, this e-book is chiefly known for providing adept guidance over the ‘how-to-s’ of data mining.
Highlighted as well is the usage of statistics in various real-life situations scenes like agriculture, social science, quality control, business strategies, credit scores, bio medics, etc.
What is particularly admirable is the range of topics the book covers as a single one. From discussions upon the fundamental ideas like Interquartile Range, Five Number Summary, Variable Types – it goes as deep as Neural Networks, Cluster Analysis, Tree-Based Models, etc.
Each chapter is presented in a quick-to-read module style, with handy buttons to access important materials. And at the end, one of the most prized and vast glossaries of statistical terms is provided, along with rare links for further study.
Moreover, there are provided worthy backlinks to the STATISTICA software’s (another brand product) newsletter archive. Your perfect key to access contemporary and famed articles over the subject.
The price? Well, maybe hard to believe, but yes! The e-book is free!
Still reflecting over the thought of whether you need an expert statistics homework helper? Your search ends here
Introduction to Bayesian Statistics (William M Bolstad)
Do you already dread the mathematics involved in a statistics course? Then this resource is the choicest one.
By a distinguished interactive fashion, Bolstad takes you into a joyride of statistical arithmetic and clarifies the Bayesian models in the crispest of way amidst their own contemporaries. Exclusive as well are the techniques mentioned for scientific data collection.
A must-read for every learner statistician taking his/her first step.
Thousands of blue links confuse you whenever you Google “websites to learn statistics”, right? Well, from today onwards, get aware of the ‘must’ ones to ‘log in’.
A Google venture, this is a singular platform to access the best quality of example data and real-time business data as well.
It hosts a uniquely collaborative environment for beginners, intermediate and advanced learners to explore analysis, create models and work online over various projects along with professional data scientists and AI engineers. And all these are boosted by the portal’s cloud-based working infrastructure.
Also exclusive are the Data Science contests, Kaggle regularly arranges for students and pros to solve and enhance their own wisdom. Over 1,000,000 registered members cannot be wrong about a website’s worthiness, correct?
An open-source platform focused basically oversimplifying the randomization and simulation concepts for fresh learners. The patrons David Diez, Mine Cetinkaya-Rundel and Christopher Barr aim to provide you the smoothest and simplified of ‘tour’ into the statistics world – progressing from the basic to the advanced steps at your own pace.
There also exist multiple well-designed models for studying through R and SAS software and an enriched collection of video lectures and PDF lessons to download without glitches.
Now with all the information in hand, are you stimulated enough to begin the learning? What? Which are the top 3 Online Statistics course (s) trending right now? Here is the sneak-peek:
Introduction to Probability and Statistics < Undergraduate Program by Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Devised as a Spring Course for newbie learners)
Elementary Statistics < University Degree Program from San Jose State University (hosted at the Udacity platform for those desiring to go for a Master’s only)
Statistical Thinking for Data Science and Analytics < 5 week Executive Certificate Program of Columbia University (Meant especially for data scientists to hone their own professional skill) Savviest statistics learning to you!
Stuck On Your Course?
Click Here For Your Solution
To excel in the world of statistics, leveraging the best resources for online learning is essential. These resources provide a convenient and flexible way to study statistics, catering to the diverse needs of students and professionals alike.
Whether you prefer interactive video lectures, comprehensive study materials, or practical exercises, the top online platforms offer a wealth of opportunities to deepen your understanding and enhance your analytical skills.
By taking advantage of these assets, you get to master guidance and a steady learning local area, all from the solace of your own home. So, take advantage of these best resources and embark on a rewarding journey to master statistics and unlock exciting opportunities in your academic or professional pursuits.
- How To Get MathXL Answers: A Complete Guide To MathXL Cheat - January 15, 2024
- How To Get Cengage MindTap Answers: Get Reliable MindTap Solutions With Us - January 8, 2024
- Microeconomics vs Macroeconomics: Understanding the Key Differences - November 14, 2023